Today, still in the Renaissance, we looked at the proportions of the human adult face. It was fun watching the students find unexpected success with drawing faces!
The face can be easily drawn with proportions.
1. 1/2 the distance from chin to crown is where the eyes are.
2. 1/2 the distance from the eyes to the chin is the bottom of the nose.
3. 1/2 the distance from the nose to the chin is the bottom of the lower lip.
1. Divide the eye line into fifths.
2. The nose is equal to the middle fifth.
3. The eyes take a fifth each.
4. The mouth is just wider than the nose.